Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grumpy with a capitol G. That's me. Apparently I'm not the only one who's noticed. Two sweet dear people who will remain anonymous and yet still loved by me, let me in on their little observation. You know its bad when the two people who know me best besides my husband or children are the ones who commented. Get Over Yourself Sheila!
How's that for a little self therapy?
Reason # 1) my attitude is rancid.
There, I said it. Not only regarding one thing, but a whole lotta stuff. I am gloriously thankful in my heart that Jesus is a gracious and perfectly pure source of love. That He is Love. I take inventory of the last couple of days and it takes so little time, a whole bunch of avoidance, and a stubborn struggle between the flesh and the spirit and I find myself in a mess of selfishness, worry, and short-fused conversations. Reading about the God's people in the Old Testament has often left me shaking my head. The more I get to know my depravity, the more I realize that hey, I'm just like those people. God's mercies are new every morning, and for that I will praise Him, and begin afresh, even right now.

3 comments:

Agnes said...

You and I need to go out for coffee to PS Cakes and have chocolate and chocolate and more chocolate WITHOUT KIDS!!!!! oh did I mention we need chocolate cake???

Agnes

The Friesens said...

Now THAT sounds fabulous!

Wendy Buhler said...

I appreciate your complete honesty. It is refreshing to see someone who is willing to admit their faults and try to work on them. I admire you for that. =)

About Me

My photo
We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia

Time in Ethiopia


Followers