We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Today
Waiting. A word that anyone waiting for children is all too familiar with. Thankfully, I do have my boys to keep me busy, but in this waiting I find myself kind of just settling back, almost forgetting the "this is really happening" feeling. Today I sit and wonder if she is born, if she is conceived, if she remains yet a thought in the heart of God. Today I am reminded of her mother, her father and the circumstances they are walking through that will eventually end with their child in my arms. I have this small decoration hanging in my room. It is a small doll-like ornament dressed in bright colors, with an African head wrap. It hangs close to my bed to remind me to pray for this woman who will bear the weight of a growing baby that she will never have the opportunity to nurture through childhood, practice parenting with God's grace through adolescence and develop a friendship with into adulthood and beyond. Today I choose again to trust in God's timing, as He orchestrates all the details in the journey to our daughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Friesens
- We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia
No comments:
Post a Comment