Well, well, well, once again its been a bit since I scribbled anything down here. I am pleased to announce that our paper work is moving...forward...keep...going...and it is off to the Ethiopian embassy. Its always exciting to get an email sending us a tracking number. Insert crazy loud wide mouth grin. And then its on the way to Africa. And the waiting continues, strangely the longer we are in this journey, the more number of months are added to the estimated time of receiving a proposal. But of course we are finding life to live in the meantime, keeping ourselves immersed in the everyday, without forgetting about the future. Had an opportunity to watch an online program put on by a group of people in Tennessee from the church where Steven CC attends. All about how the church is challenged, is actually called to live a life of pure and undefiled religion by getting involved in the lives of orphans and widows. A nice firm nudge and with a lot of good intent, and hopefully a follow through, and there will be more to it than what I am doing now. Now I am not saying what this means exactly, but I believe it is something active and tangible. Something fruitful-a seed planted, watered, maybe even fertilized, weeded, cultivated, and with a little sunshine and then we may see some evidence of obedience.
"If you extend your soul to the hungry and satisfy the afflicted soul, then your light shall dawn in the darkness, and your darkness shall be as the noonday. The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." Isaiah 58:10-12
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Friesens
- We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia
1 comment:
Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I just checked out your blog for the first time. Congrats on your adoption plans! Feel free to email me and tell me a little about yourself yourself, where you're from etc.
I'm looking forward to following your blog!
Connie
Post a Comment