Wednesday, April 29, 2009

connecting

I met with a few high school friends today, and had a great time. We talked about life, our relationships with our husbands, and our kids. I am so blessed to be able to still have this connection with these girls after over 10 years since graduation. I still find it kind of crazy that I met them only in grade 11, pretty much by the unseen hand of God. If you knew me back then you would know that I came from a small one room conservative private school and by my choice enrolled myself in a fairly large high school in grade 11. You would also know that I was not a normally outgoing person, but after a couple of weeks sitting by myself in that cafeteria, I told myself that I better go out and talk to some of these girls or the remainder of my days in high school would be pretty lonely. So I walked over to this table with a few girls and just sort of invited myself to join them. I am so thankful for that day, because I have been blessed with some pretty amazing and lasting friendships. Thanks guys! and Thank you, God.
On to other thoughts....
I am trying to make some lifestyle changes in the area of fitness and nutrition. Such a struggle for me to stay the course. I am praying, and reading Scripture, and praying Scripture and crazy enough as it sounds, yelling NO out loud when I need to. I find it quite liberating. Anyway, I'm doing this for all sorts of reasons. Before I go on to more virtuous motivations, I will admit that I want to be in a smaller size, want to look more attractive for my sweet man. Not that he has ever given any indication of being less than in love with me inside and out. But I also want to keep up with the little athletes we have growing up under our noses. I want to live a life that shows self control, and a respect for the temple that houses the Holy Spirit. I also want to remember countries like where our sweet baby girl is coming from and the poverty they face everyday, and not stuff my face while millions are starving and suffering the effects of malnutrition. That's my soapbox sermon for today.
Speaking of our little girl, we had to make an appointment for another medical for Stan and myself because the first one would stale date in the next 6 months.
We are excited for this weekend as we meet with our adoptive families support group. We will all be meeting here and represent 6 families. Some who have completed adoptions and others in the process.
I started reading a devotional based on the book Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. I am looking forward to being challenged in my faith, not just being happy with how things are now but running with Jesus and receiving life abundantly.

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Isn't it amazing how opening our eyes to the world around us changes us. I was talking to someone about the walk-a-thon for provisions of hope,I told her I was walking the mile barefoot-since we are raising money for shoes for orphans, this womans comment was-that's great of you, I will pay for you for a pedicure after I felt like throwing up HOW ABOUT PAYING FOR SHOES FOR AN ORPHAN??

The Friesens said...

Its my hope to be able to make a difference at least in the mindset of the people who are close to me in my life. Its frustrating to say the least, I guess the rest is up to God.

About Me

My photo
We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia

Time in Ethiopia


Followers