Thursday, January 29, 2009

Life goes on...

A lot seems to have happened in the last couple of weeks. And yet I feel the pull of the burdens I carry and the desire to run away from it all is stronger again. But I must press on. I struggle to remain constant in my devotional life as well as my everyday living. I do well in one area, well as in consistent and in the other I drag my feet. I need to pray that the Lord would grant me strength and grace to run well in both areas. I feel that we as a church have started chewing on this common goal and now the beloved is getting a desire to move forward. What an encouragement and what a responsibility. I can do all things through Christ. This is His ministry His people, His purpose and His plans. Whew, what a relief. But in the same breath there is still much to be done, not only in a tangible hands on sort of way but in a personal community building( much more difficult) manner. A task that takes much vulnerability and Christ given love.
I seem to have lost sight of the finish line in regards to our adoption. I realize that it is a long way off, but I have always sort of kept the meeting, the embracing of our baby girl in my not so distant dreams and mind pictures. If that makes any sense at all. We meet for the third time with our SW at the end of next week, and then hopefully make our last appointment date and get a few more pieces of paperwork out of the way and ship that "baby" out to Ethiopia.
We are in the interest stages of starting up an adoption support group. Our SW is very interested in helping us out.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia

Time in Ethiopia


Followers