I find it so incredible that the more I let God in, the more He teaches me in unexpected ways about Who He is. Its hard to describe, but its a knowing in my heart and spirit, a realization and with that realization a peace that He really does have it all together. It is a comfort, but I am also frustrated with myself. Why do I wait, and why do I dig in my heels when all He wants to do is give me life and give it ABUNDANTLY?
We discovered a heart-wrenching you tube video about a family from a remote village in Uganda. I sobbed as we watched these starving children. Two of the kids were suffering with the ravaging effects of polio, while their older sister did her best to care for their needs. How meaningless all this living here in Canada when the majority of the world is in such desperate need.
I also discovered a blog with a Christian writer who so eloquently describes the simple truths that the Lord is teaching her in her everyday life. Her latest post was on patience. How ironic it is that the first virtue of love is patience. No matter how chaotic or busy our lives are as moms, there is an alternative to responding in frustration. There is simply an appreciation for the moment right now. Seeing the gift in the moment and savoring it. Oh that is my prayer. That I would focus on what is truly important in an eternal sense, even in the mundane experiences of everyday living.
Life is not about wondering if I am doing all the right things, if I am measuring up as a mom or a wife or as a servant in the church. Getting caught up in worrying about the doing instead of sitting at His feet and listening. Losing sight of His purpose for my life. Life is about Jesus. Making Him my all. Knowing that He is my all
"God is not a belief to which you give your assent.God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you "Do you believe there is a God?" you may find yourself answering "No I do not believe there is a God, I know there is a God."~Ernest Boyer Jr.
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Friesens
- We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia
No comments:
Post a Comment