Wow its been a long time. I think life is just crazy busy, too much to do, to think about, and to put thoughts here seems just a little too much. But maybe now once in a while I'll make it here more often. Smile. Hope for 2011. Hope that is built on a sure foundation of Jesus and His plans for my path. I am hoping (quoting from a friend) to put into practise what I learned in 2010 to make 2011 an even better year. Looking back so many incredible opportunities were gifted to me, and I ran with them. Other times I was given heartache and headache...still a gift? I'd like to think so. In the midst of the pain there is learning. In the midst of the letting go, not being in control there is a surrender that brings a peace. A peace to the anxiety of life that happens to swirl in my brain bringing with it discontentment and fear to my spirit and wears away on the heart. So welcome the learning, usher in the letting go, and trust in the One Who is ultimately in control of it all, whether I choose to acknowledge Him or not.
Adoption-hope for 2011. Trusting that God knows when we are ready for our sweet baby girl, trusting that His hand is in all of this. Believing that He is watching over her and soon very soon we will be united. No I don't have any confirmation or proof from our agency or any other physical evidence. But I do have powerful reassurance from my Lord that He is working, He is preparing, and He is acitively involved in bringing her home.
Friends are travelling soon to be present for their children's first court hearing. It makes it all so real. That this is really happening. A lot of questions lately from friends and family. Some asking if we are still adopting, some asking why is it taking so long. Helping me to verbalize my confidence in God's timing and in the gift of His peace in the meantime.
The boys are talking about their sister more and more, reminding me on how much they will have to teach her. A new language, how to enjoy ice cream, what playing in the snow is like. I love their initiation of these conversations. It brings a smile to my face and confirmation that the Lord is preparing their hearts too.
So looking forward to this year, what it will bring. Allowing His joy to permeate my everydays...
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Friesens
- We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia
No comments:
Post a Comment