Monday, May 3, 2010

Greetings from Haiti

Just a note here from Haiti. We've been here almost a week and the days have really flown by. I am learning much on how to love on sweet kids that are living here. I have experienced many firsts this past week. First flight ever, first sight of the ocean (albeit in the air), first sight of mountains, first time in a different province other than MB or Ontario, first time in a third world country. I will be processing this for a long time.
I am having lots of fun on the balconey with the kids. I have to be careful though and not let my heart get the best of me. They are sweet, and loved much by the nannies here. But, you know, its not like if they could be at home, with a mommy and daddy...
Some of my deepest thoughts run through the ideas of what our little girl will experience before we get her. My prayers will become more fervant, more direct. I am forever thankful for this time in Haiti. I am always a work in progress, and this just adds to the shaping.Each day I am writing down what I experience in my journal, so I believe that when I get home I will be posting here.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia

Time in Ethiopia


Followers