All over the news is the tragedy brought on by the earthquake in Haiti. Through connections of a friend, I have heard of a fund raising campaign that will begin soon in hopes of helping. Here is an email I received from her.
"I just found out that my friends sister works at God's Littlest Angels(orphanage in Haiti) as a full time missionary. She just happened to still be home for Christmas. I called her to see if she was taking stuff back with her/she is going back as soon as she can. She said she had contact with the directer of GLA and she said that in the very near future they will embark on a fundraising campaing of trying to get 1000 people to find 10 people to donate $100 each. That would give them a million dollars. They have staff who have lost their homes and also will have funeral expenses. I will do my best to get 10 donations of $100 together for them. They just need a bit of time to get it all organized so the money goes to the right people so if you with your family and friends could get $100 together for when the time comes that would be great.
I want to get on a plane and rock babies!!"
Would you please join me in reaching out to these people?
We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands. ~~~ Kristi Larson
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- The Friesens
- We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia
No comments:
Post a Comment