Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Enkutatash!

What a fabulous evening we had tonight at our adoptive families support group. We decided to celebrate Ethiopian New Year by creating an authentic potluck. There was doro wat, sik sik wat, injera, red lentils, potato salad Ethiopian style, fava bean dip, samosas, breads, and fair trade Ethiopian coffee to complete the feast. (Not to mention some Canadian favs for the kiddos). Everyone was a good sport and tried each of the dishes. They were pretty good, if I do say so myself, considering we cooks are all quite amateurs. There was much talk about the adoption process, where we all were at. Stories about people we've heard or read about, stories from other blogs, personal anecdotes from experienced international adoption parents (E & A). The conversation moved to more deeper topics. One thing we all have in common, besides our call to adoption is a passion for the least of these and what responsibility we have as God's children to make a difference. Not a lot of specifics were shared but I have the feeling that the Spirit is definitely stirring up a fire in each our hearts and I am excited and expectant as to what God's incredible plans are and how He is going to work them out in each of our lives. Stan & I are thankful for this group that He has orchestrated to come together, and we're looking forward to building these connections into lasting relationships. C & M, you guys are awesome hosts! Thanks everyone for an amazing evening. Each of you guys and your children are in our prayers, here's to the great adventure ahead!

1 comment:

Agnes said...

I am excited to see where this all is leading. I feel the breeze of the Holy Spirit breathing on us.

About Me

My photo
We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia

Time in Ethiopia


Followers