Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bloggaholic

Don't really know if that is a term already out there but I guess tonight I could be put in that category. This morning I had just a great time with a friend of mine and their little boy they adopted from China. She has a lot to share and I asked her tons of questions so our morning went by really quickly. It reminded me of some of the conversations I've had with fellow mamas and our labor and delivery stories. Most of us love all the details for instance, "when did the contractions begin, did your water break on its own, home or hospital birth, how long was your labor, how long did you push, epidural or natural...ect. My conversations with people in regards to our adoption often include, " when did you decide to adopt, why, from where, what did your dossier all require, how long did your paperwork take to complete, how long till your received your referral, how long after your referral was your travel date, how long were you out there, did you videotape meeting your baby face to face, how were the first nights at home, did you ever think you could love someone so much that you just met?...ect...Different and yet having experienced some of both sides, similar in very precious ways.
And so when I have the opportunity to talk a lot about adopting and the journey others have been on, I need a good dose of bloggage and then I love to peruse the few blogs that I regularly follow. Therefore I consider (at times) that I am a self proclaimed bloggaholic:)
My heart is full with the anticipation of meeting our little girl one day and being able to experience the joy that these parents are gifted with as they receive their children that the Lord has chosen for them. I am also amazed at some of the ways God reveals Himself so graciously and at times unexpectedly in the lives of these families with which I share this common bond.
I think my ramblings will make sense to some and to others not, but I am trusting in what the Lord has in store for us and am believing that He has plans far beyond we could ever hope or even imagine.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
We have been beyond blessed with 3 incredible boys and are anticipating with much joy the addition of our daughter from Ethiopia

Time in Ethiopia


Followers